Thursday, February 10, 2005

Trailer Park Wife Swap

I'm embarrassed to admit that I even watched this TV show, but I did. And I'm here to write about it.

Last night's "Wife Swap" featured a conservative Christian interracial couple and a lesbian couple. When the poor little Christian woman had to live for a week in the lesbians' house o' sin all hell broke loose.

The first cardinal sin occurred when the nice Christian woman was subject to the lesbians' aberrant "alternative lifestyle" which involved eating most meals off of paper plates! Gasp! I know! I can't believe they had the nerve to even show that on national TV...in front of children no less! And of course, because lesbians can't cook, they ate microwaved meals.

The lesbian who lived with the Christian family for a week got a much better deal. She didn't even have to mow the lawn! Heck, that's what Christian children are for!

At one point on the show the Christian woman made the tired argument about "I'm black and can't change that but you choose to live your life as a sexual freak."

The whole episode was very dramatic and white trashy, which would have made for wonderful entertainment had it not featured real-life lesbians who were whipped and dragged through the moral mud by Mrs. Right Wing Christian. She actually accused the lesbian who swapped places with her of being a "sexual predator." I must've been away from the TV when she was molesting the children so I can't say what really happened.

All entertainment aside, unfortunately this was perfect ammunition for the Right Wing Nutjobs in their maniacal drive to outlaw gay marriage.

But hey, isn't sweeps week coming up soon?


1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger RahX said...

Maam, I'm going to have to ask you to step away from the TV, slowly now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home